Manhattanhenge happens tonight!
Twice a year, the sun sets between buildings in New York to make for especially epic photos of the sun hovering above the horizon.
- A telephoto lens will help get a close view of the sun
- The sun will set at 8:15 PM tonight, but get there early.
- Get as far east in Manhattan for the best effect
- 34th and 42nd St are notable for getting the Empire State Building & the Chrysler Building in to your photo
- 14th, 23rd, 34th, 42nd, and 57th Streets will also give you views clear across to the west, where the sun sets
Manhattanhenge is Tonight
via WNYC Radiolab; photo via Reuters